“Primiter” Salento Primitivo IGP

 1950


Michele Calò

“Primiter” Salento Primitivo IGP


  • Type: Red Wine
  • Varietal / Blend: Selected 100% Negroamaro grape
  • Vintage: 2014
  • Region / Appellation: Puglia
  • Bottle size: 0,75l
  • Pairing suggestions: It combines well with sapid and structured dishes like meat, typical cured pork meats
  • Service temperature: 16-18 °C

Out of stock

Categories: , Product ID: 3761
Share

Description

Through the cultivation of the grapevine linked to the enhancing the value of the products of his land, Michele Calò stands out as forerunner of high quality wines in Salento. Now his wines can be sold on great international markets worthy to welcome them. From Tuglie, in all Italy and all over the world. A great rematch taken by that man who left with the Salentine sun in his heart.

FERNANDO and GIOVANNI CALÒ. Values which don’t disappear.
Fernando and Giovanni control the various phases of the activities developed with the great passion transmitted by their father. But they work also with an innovative spirit and with the awereness that only undertaking really to do something, gives hoped outcomes, sastisfying also more demanding palates.

To create wines respecting nature and traditions.
The modern cultivation of wine requires the recovery and the ennoblement of the old native grapevines. In the winery Calò the historic grapevines as Negroamaro,black Malvasia, Primitivo and Verdeca, are always at the basis of the production. There are strong grapevines for important and elegant wines, able to cause intense emotions. These outcomes require a constant care and a great attention in the grapevine and in the winery in every moment of they year, to give the best, respecting nature and traditions.

Additional information

Weight 1 kg
Cantina

Michele Calò

Regione Provenienza

Puglia

Wineyear

2014

Wine Making

VINIFICATION: Traditional vinification with a continuing maceration of  grape skin lasting 7,8 days according to the vintage and the racking-off, with an evident intensity of colors and scents. When the grape-harvest ends, the starting ageing of wine occurs partly (60%) in steel containers and  the remaining part (40%) in small valuable oak barrels for about 12 months. Then the wine blending occurs and after a period of rest,  the product is bottled and put on the market after an ageing  in bottle of 6 months.

More Details

NAME: The name derives from the Latin language and means in Italian “Primativamente”, that is “first choice”.

GRAPES: Selected 100% Negroamaro grape.
TYPE OF TERRAIN: red and clayey.
PERIOD OF GRAPE HARVEST: last ten days of August.
TYPE OF HARVEST: picking by hand, when the plant is lightly withering.
MEDIUM PRODUCTION PER HECTARE: 70 quintals of grape.

ORGANOLEPTIC FEATURES:
Color: intense ruby red.
Scent: odors of red jam, bilberry and raspberry.
Flavour: intense, properly tannic, with a lasting and a persistent finish.
GASTRONOMIC PAIRING: it combines well with sapid and structured
dishes like meat, typical cured pork meats.
Production: 6.500 bottles 100 magnum of 1,5 litre capacity.

 

 

We use cookies to improve your online experience.  By using this site, you consent to this use as described in our Cookie policy .