“Mjerè” Salento Rosso IGP

 1500


Michele Calò

“Mjerè” Salento Rosso IGP


  • Type: Red Wine
  • Varietal / Blend: 100% Negroamaro grape
  • Vintage: 2015
  • Region / Appellation: Puglia
  • Bottle size: 0,75l
  • Pairing suggestions: It combines well with meat and venison course, also with hard and aged cheeses
  • Service temperature: 16-18 °C

Out of stock

Categories: , Product ID: 3758
Share

Description

Through the cultivation of the grapevine linked to the enhancing the value of the products of his land, Michele Calò stands out as forerunner of high quality wines in Salento. Now his wines can be sold on great international markets worthy to welcome them. From Tuglie, in all Italy and all over the world. A great rematch taken by that man who left with the Salentine sun in his heart.

FERNANDO and GIOVANNI CALÒ. Values which don’t disappear.
Fernando and Giovanni control the various phases of the activities developed with the great passion transmitted by their father. But they work also with an innovative spirit and with the awereness that only undertaking really to do something, gives hoped outcomes, sastisfying also more demanding palates.

To create wines respecting nature and traditions.
The modern cultivation of wine requires the recovery and the ennoblement of the old native grapevines. In the winery Calò the historic grapevines as Negroamaro,black Malvasia, Primitivo and Verdeca, are always at the basis of the production. There are strong grapevines for important and elegant wines, able to cause intense emotions. These outcomes require a constant care and a great attention in the grapevine and in the winery in every moment of they year, to give the best, respecting nature and traditions.

Additional information

Weight 1 kg
Cantina

Michele Calò

Regione Provenienza

Puglia

Wineyear

2015

Wine Making

VINIFICATION: Traditional vinification with a continuing maceration, lasting 7,8 days according to the vintage and racking- off with an evident intensity of colors and scents. The ageing of wine occurs partly (70%) in steel containers  and the remaining part (30%) in valuable oak barrels for about 12 months. Then the complete wine blending occurs and after a period of rest, the product is bottled and is put on the market after an ageing in bottle of about 6 months. Bottles of the preceding vintage are always sold.

More Details

This extraordinary red wine is aged in small valuable oak barrels for about 12 months. Then the wine blending occurs and after a period of rest, the product is bottled and put on the market after an ageing in bottle of about 6 months.

GRAPES: 100% Negroamaro grape.
These grapes are growed with the traditional planting technique of
Apulian “Alberello” (bush) or ” Alberello Pugliese” in the most typical Salentine area
and precisely in the municipalities of Tuglie, Sannicola, Alezio (LE).
TYPE OF TERRAIN: red soil mixed with sand and of medium blending.
PERIOD OF GRAPE HARVEST: last weeks of september.
TYPE OF HARVEST: picking by hand.
MEDIUM PRODUCTION PER HECTARE: 70 quintals of grape.

ORGANOLEPTIC FEATURES:
Color: ruby red with garnet reflections.
Scent: full with odors of berries and plums.
Flavour: dry with a pleasant and a slightly bitter aftertaste that is smooth at the same time. It has a good and a persistent balance.
Our suggestion: this wine may be served at 16°-18°.
GASTRONOMIC PAIRING: it combines well with meat and venison
course, also with hard and aged cheeses.
It is an excellent combination with typical sapid first courses.
The Medium annual production is of 20/25.000 bottles.

 

We use cookies to improve your online experience.  By using this site, you consent to this use as described in our Cookie policy .